Black and white circles are a modern décor favorite. Why not include a set of everyday drinkware in your kitchen to enjoy this style easily and inexpensively?
For this project, you will need:
– Godis Drinkware Set From Ikea (I love this set because it is quality and so cost effective; less than eight dollars for a pack of six.)
– Cardstock (minimum of six sheets)
– Spare change (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters… a variety of different sized coins)
– Craft knife and self healing mat
– Delta PermEnamel Air Dry Surface Conditioner
– Delta PermEnamel Air Dry Paint in Ultra Black
– Delta PermEnamel Air Dry Paint in Ultra White
– Delta PermEnamel Air Dry Clear Gloss Glaze
– Masking tape
– Sponge brush
– Soap and water
– Paper towels
Wash each of the Godis Drinkware glasses with soap and water. Dry well with paper towels. Always cover your area well with newspaper when working with paint.
Cut the cardstock with scissors so that it wraps evenly around the glass without overlapping. Lay a coin flat on a piece of cardstock. Trace the outside with a pencil. Repeat the process using a variety of different sized coins in a variety of areas on the cardstock. Be creative! Make some of the circles attach, or place them in any pattern or haphazard way you wish. Lay the cardstock on the self healing mat and cut out each of the circle shapes with a craft knife.
Coat the entire glass with Delta PermEnamel Air Dry Surface Conditioner. Let the glass set for about an hour. Wrap the cardstock around the glass and secure with a piece of masking tape. Using the sponge brush, coat half of the exposed circles with Delta PermEnamel Air Dry Paint in Ultra Black. Coat the remaining circles with Delta PermEnamel Air Dry Paint in Ultra White. Let the circles dry completely before removing the cardstock.
Apply a generous coat of Delta PermEnamel Air Dry Clear Gloss Glaze. Dry for an hour before adding a second thick coat. Repeat with the remaining five glasses. Allow the drinkware to set overnight before washing and using! The greatest thing about Delta PermEnamel is it is so easy to use. But the second greatest thing is that unlike other glass paints, this one is dishwasher safe!
TIP: For an even more modern look, consider adding a hot pink or teal color to the black and white combination.